Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Welcome to my new blog

Well this is all very new and exciting! I have spent the last couple of months teaching myself how to build a website, set up a hosting account, facebook page, google ads and now finally a blog! It has been an intense but enjoyable education.

It's all in the name of reaching out to those people out there with the 'travel bug', more specifically those with the urge to travel around Australia who also happen to be parents of young children. When I say young I mean those kids still living at home and therefore having to be a part of the journey - this is no grey nomad adventure! Many people have the dream of travelling Australia but think it will be something they do in retirement or when they win lotto. Either way my philosophy is that we can't guarrantee life and the best time to live our dreams is now! Anyway why would you want to miss the opportunity to have an amazing adventure together with your partner and kids and create lasting memories for the whole family!

We spent 20 months on the road, 17 driving around Oz and 3 driving around New Zealand. Although it was a scary decision to leave our lives - jobs, family, friends, pets, house... - for an adventure into the unknown, it was the best thing we have ever done. When our new baby (well he's 15 months now but still relatively new) is a bit older we will hit the road once more. Tassie to Cape York is the plan as we missed lots of those bits last time.

I hope to rant and rave on here about travelling Australia with kids and other interesting topics that come my way. I hope you drop in from time to time...

1 comment :

  1. Hi Barnsley family - am i the first comment???oooh how exciting. I love your site. YOu guys are truly inspirational! You've inspired me to take a big drive up to Ningaloo these coming school hols with my daughter. You're so right - you can't put off living. Thanks and look forward to more fun and humour along the way, Cheers, Mary

    ReplyDelete