Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Facebook and Blogs help family and friends share the adventure!

Apologies for being a bit slack with the posts these last few weeks. We had a fab road trip to the beautiful south west of WA, brewery lunches, gorgeous beaches, amazing forest drives.. Love it!

My brother Kai and his girlfirend Amber have recently taken off from Perth on their big trek around Australia. I'm so very jealous as I check out their pictures on Facebook. How lucky to be able to travel around Australia in your early twenties, no kids, no time limit, just a troopy and a tent!




I love that I can watch their progress on Facebook (and pinch their pics). FB started to become popular not long after we returned from our big journey so we missed out on being able to use this awesome medium to keep our friends and families informed of our adventures. Of course many travellers prefer to set up their own blog which does give you more options in terms of content, add ons and presentation. This website is made through Google's free Blogger and I have others designed in Wordpress.

It's worth teaching yourself how it all works, your journey can be recorded like a journal and everyone can share the adventure with you!
If you have a travel blog you would like me to add to my blogroll please post a comment with the address.

1 comment :

  1. Traveling is very beneficial for us and specially adventures are great for the refreshments and enjoyment, i have read this whole stuff that you have posted over here.

    ReplyDelete