Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy Australia Day!

I love a sunburnt country,

A land of sweeping plains,

Of ragged mountain ranges,

Of droughts and flooding rains.

I love her far horizons,

I love her jewel-sea,

Her beauty and her terror

The wide brown land for me!
 
Ok so maybe the flooding rains and terror we can do without this Australia Day but this time of hardship has given Australians the opportunity to show to each other and the world how tough, how generous, and how supportive of each other we can be.
 

As I watch the massive clean up effort and listen to the stories of strangers helping each other it brings a tear to my eye. I do love Australia and our people! It's a shame that these days it takes a tragedy to unite people and recreate our community spirit in many places but perhaps that is what the divine plan is all about.
 
This is certainly a special Australia Day that many will not forget. Have a good one.
 
P.S. Our already struggling tourism industry has taken a beating in the hundreds of millions of lost dollars due the the floods. Please help our economy and those affected by the floods by spending your tourist dollars at home.

1 comment :

  1. I do agree with all the concepts you have offered in your post. They’re very convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too brief for beginners. May you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete